Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Email must first be Aproved?

I use a few different emails (gmail, hotmail, my own domain's mail)...but all go to my Outlook Express program and on Outlook Express is where I'd like to set up this block...i am looking for a program that i have seen others use that when an email is sent, the receiver's program automatically shoots an


email right back saying you must first identify yourself and be approved before your email goes through and also that you will only have to do this once and afterwards all your emails will go through because you are on an "approved" list...I want this program and for the life of me cannot find/remember the name...anyone know what I am talking about??....thanks

Email must first be Aproved?
I am betting that the person that required you to be approved is using a business email account. Spam prevention using this approval method is recent development and is implemented on the mail server not the mail client. To clarify, Hotmail, Gmail, Verizon, Comcast have the mail servers. You have Outlook Express which is a mail client.


At this time, I am not aware of a way to enable sender verification or authorization on the mail client.


However, it is a good feature and I am certain that, if it is possible, someone is going to make it available for mail client software if they haven't already.


I recommend that you search the Internet for antispam software and try to find one that says it performs sender verification or authorization. Be aware that some products only work with Microsoft Outlook which is a much more advanced version of Outlook Express.


I hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment